Sunday, August 31, 2014

Inflammation and Disease

Hello
I'm going through a bit of a lowish point at the moment, just feeling generally not quite right. Which somehow led me to reading an interesting article about depression as a symptom of inflammatory disease. The findings were varied but all pointed to increased rate of depression in people who had a high level of a chemical related to chronic inflammation.

I have chronic auto-immune disease. In the recent past I have fought it with a multi-faceted approach including exercise, tai chi, diet, being reflective and grateful. When I can muster those elements things are very good. In the meantime, there are moments like now when the article's findings hit home hard and are, quite frankly, depressing.

Here's the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment