Monday, May 20, 2013

Still determined, still upbeat

Despite the past week being somewhat traumatic with extra bills, illness and other conundrums, I'm so proud of myself tonight to discover that the unstoppable post-Bruce spirit is still kicking, despite the knocks.  I am beginning to see glimmers of progress, where I am finally making inroads into all areas of my life, not just treading water.

After a 12 hour day at work I came home to a lovely dinner and happy children, making it easy to get into getting homework done with the bigger two, and elevating my calm levels.

So while hubby took the small ones to do groceries, I was determined to mop the floor, it's been put off for a very long while.  There was a moment of annoyance when I phone to find out where the bloke has left the dustpan and brush this time (he never ever ever puts it back where it belongs).  Hubby informs me its out in the pitch black near the shed!  So it was a quick return to the old days and sweeping up the dust into a piece of paper - does anyone remember how to do that?  Full steam ahead for mopping, until I discovered that we have no mop fittings!!!  No problem for determined woman - I just grabbed myself an old towel and a scrubbing brush and started burning those calories. 

An hour later, and some very tired muscles I have a very bleached, lavender smelling floor that is shining at me all sparkly-like.  In the end I was using my foot to scrub in the hallway to the laundry because my back and knees were protesting, but it all got finished just as hubby returned with 2 sleeping babies. 

A successful day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment