Thursday, September 12, 2013

My Daily Gratitude - the joy of generosity.

Blog? What blog?

I've been haphazard in my blogging for the past fortnight because my Dad has been critically ill in hospital. :(

Tonight he is home at his aged care home, looking very frail, but sort of smug to be in his own bed.

I have so much to say, but tonight I want to concentrate on the uplifting happiness that I am gaining from something I thought would make me sad.

Weeks ago, when the Bruce Springsteen concert in Santiago, Chile, was announced, I jumped onto the website and bought 2 Cancha Frontal (GA or Pit) tickets to this concert. I had hopes of being able to take my elder daughter on a trip with me to visit some ex-pat rellies and see Bruce.  Logistically though it just didn't work out, and when I advertised my tickets, I found a very very cheerful, infectiously delighted Peruvian ticket purchaser who was very happy to be able to get a ticket for a lower price.

I'm running out of time to tell this story properly, but what I very much want to share is how fulfilled I feel being able to assist someone see Bruce in a more affordable way, particularly with his kind sharing of his favourite songs, his travel arrangements and plans for the trip to Santiago and his hopes to be up close to El Jefe! (or Bruce, to us).

It brings me so much excitement to hear via Facebook that Leylys is in fact 12th in line to see the concert, sharing the 'most keen fans' status with several other Peruvians (they seem very loyal fans!), some Brazilians and a couple from Italy on their 154th show, or so I'm told by the Facebook status!

This post is for Leylys, may he have a wonderful time at the concert, may Downbound Train be played for you, and I hope that you have an unforgettable moment or several :)

Gracias Leylys for taking me on the journey with you. I am so looking forward to the grand finale of the adventure you've included me in. Having your updates has really helped me feel good while Dad's been sick and always given me a little something to look forward to hearing about!

It has been my absolute pleasure to get to know you, and I am so looking forward to the amazing photographs from your front row position!

There's magic in the night, your faith will be rewarded :)

No comments:

Post a Comment