Thursday, January 16, 2014

Gathering Energy

Sometimes it takes energy just to function

Wow! Working 3 days a week 100 kms away is taking up a lot of energy.

Right now, with the holiday getting closer, I’m all about conserving energy. Not that it is working, but that is the theory.

The reality is somewhat different, it is about coping with all the people around me not coping. My hubby is now the full time household carer and he quite frankly, sucks at the job. If today is anything to go by, my children must be bored out of their little minds with him at the helm.

But enough ranting, I have about 5 minutes before I fall asleep, I want to share that I have started 21 days to Bruce exercise plan and I’m on day 2 of that. I’m actually 2 kgs lighter than I was at Christmas, so that is a bonus. If you are interested in joining me on my 20 day plan, go find 'Get Fit for Bruce' on Facebook. I don't have any suggestions for others, everyone needs their own goals, I am happy to share mine as I go.

Really I’m pretty much at the edge of reason right now, just coping. There are more bills than income, the holiday we can’t afford, and desperately need. Other stuff just keeps happening.

Anyone familiar with this?

My coping strategies are:
1. Single task - just one thing at a time.
2. Use a diary. Like when you can remember to. Don't sweat it, important stuff will sneak up on you, or it will be in the diary. One of those things will happen.
3. Exercise - Especially as Bruce is getting closer - I'm exercising daily now, even if only a little.
4. Be grateful. I find myself getting worked up about the insanity of life. Gratitude and writing down the things that I am grateful for is an amazing antidote to the crazy. 
5. Count the days - this strategy also seems to cause a bit of stress, as there is so much yet to do. But it is fun to look forward to things. While I'm counting I listen to Bruce. Enjoy the Bruce is probably what I really do in this strategy.




Amazing to think I learnt all those strategies just in the last 12 months!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment