Thursday, April 4, 2013

Feel good lawnmowing!

I still haven't had much of a chance to sit down, I'm too busy acting on the post-Springsteen energy boom while its here.

Yesterday was a terrific success, as the whole family adjusted to being home, and my husband and I started to cope with the burden of being back in a less than ideal environment.

With the motivation of Springsteen songs running through my head, I got the whole lawn mowed in our 1/4 acre block!  A little bit of a contribution from hubby  to mow the messiest part down the back where weeds were growing 2 feet high and the place looks terrific.

You will be able to tell from the photos how much junk was lying around before the mowing, as there are white spots all over the lawn where bits and pieces were lying around for the whole week we were in Melbourne. 

The guinea pigs were a bit disappointed at no more long grass to nibble.

The back lawn looks a lot better now. It will take time for all the marks to grow out from the mess that was lying around.

This is the very messy bit that my husband mowed. And some of the junk that we just moved so we could mow around it.

My roses are going to look great against the lawn. The front garden needs a lot of weeding. I am tackling this by weeding a little every time I go out the front door. It seems to be stopping the situation from getting worse at least!



The best reward for my efforts, is that my 19 year old blind cat was able to find himself this patch of sunlight to warm up in today.

All I can say is Seize the Day, get off your ARSE and get things done. I'm sure if you're not an Aussie you could get off your ASS if you like too.  


No comments:

Post a Comment