Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sugar Sugar ... Bad news for me!

This is a really short post to make note of my recent, self-pitying sugar indulgence.  I'd say I've been really getting into the sugary food for about 4 days, but it did all start 2 weeks ago, being the only mud cake eater in my house devouring birthday cake slowly but surely after my girl's party.


I'm currently having a decent wallow in self-pity.  I'm feeling very burdened by family troubles (the ones I was born with, not my own gorgeous hubby and children); I'm feeling uncertain about my health, about finances and I'm feeling tired (yes that will be the anemia!)

I'm finding 80's music strangely extremely uplifting. I've always liked 80's but at the moment it is having an effect similar to Bruce Springsteen's magic of the past few months.

But I digress. I suspect much of the mood I'm currently in, given that in theory right now is a wonderful time hormonally speaking, can be squarely blamed on too much sugar.

I've followed a reasonable diet of little sugar up until the party, and have really only gone all out with poor choices like biccies and milk since this weekend.  

This quote from a random Google search result says it all doesn't it? 

"sugar consumption triggers a cascade of chemical reactions in your body that promote chronic inflammation. In the long term, inflammation disrupts the normal functioning of your immune system, and wreaks havoc on your brain."

And I've learned a new thing tonight that makes sense. Sugar apparently reduces your vitamin B. "these foods not only supply very little in the way of nutrients but they also use up the mood enhancing B vitamins"

Well there you go. So my recent awful diet has caused inflammation (bad in someone with auto-immune disease), but it has stolen my B vitamins.

This girl is going to take drastic action to fix this up, I'm tired of feeling low, and its only been a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment