Friday, February 1, 2013

Day 2 - Unravelling!

Something I'm learning about this blog thing already is that I need to strike while the words are there. So many little thoughts since yesterdays blog and not one of them to be found now! This morning was one of those mornings where it all goes wrong. So its 11:30am and I'm feeling like I've nothing to add to the world about energy organising, as mine isn't! But I suppose I do have some thoughts about what I do even when its all going wrong, and what I'd like to remember to do. Firstly, drink water. I haven't had any today,so I'm going to get myself a glass right now. It'll improve my mood, my health, my skin and hair. Can't go wrong with extra water.
Then there is taking a long view. In the big scheme of things, is the current crisis actually ginormous? Usually not. Taking the long view helps me chill out and relax about whatever seems to be wrong. Refusing to stay at school? Big deal, it'll work out. It just takes a bit of thinking and time and calm. Also I do Tai Chi. When it all seems too much, I rely on my 'walking meditation' to restore a sense of balance. Whatever style of meditation, or just a short walk (even around the outside of the house) can bring on some soothing feelings and a nice rush of oxytocin. And lastly, do something about it. Thats the last thought for today. Bad morning? well when it stops being a crisis and you've calmed down with a drink of water and a few laps in the pool (whatever exercise or meditation you prefer) then pick up and keep going. Thats what I'm doing right now, tackling the dishes. Start the morning at 11:45, but at least it'll be started :)

No comments:

Post a Comment