Saturday, February 2, 2013

Getting started

I often find that getting started is what undoes my energy. I'm too busy conserving energy (sitting on facebook) or simply avoiding taking action on the things that simply have to be done. Then I find myself wasting considerable time THINKING about what needs doing, whilst making no progress whatsoever. This is an almost daily occurrence with me and it has the most crazy simple solution. On every occasion I've found myself suffering from inertia, procrastination, or totally overwhelmed, the ONLY solution is to just get on with it and GET STARTED.
Sometimes its as simple as reminding myself to just start moving. Other times I need prompts, like my list above the sink that outlines the kitchen and laundry hour of work that theoretically gets done daily. Sometimes I really need baby steps, and I use the 'Unfuck your habitat" App onthe iphone to get me started using random 5 minute 'unfucking' jobs. The app can be bought from http://unfuckyourhabitat.tumblr.com/ Breaking down the work into teeny tiny manageable pieces sees me get started, and begin to get through things. It also helps to be able to do things quickly between interruptions the more important work of children :) Speaking of getting started, today is one of the days where I'm struggling with getting momentum going, so I'm leaving the blog to get back to tidying the house and attempting to make it presentable. I'd love to hear your tips and tricks for getting started!

No comments:

Post a Comment