Thursday, February 14, 2013

Cleanup Challenge Update #1

The first evening of the cleanup challenge was a roaring success! I'm amazed at the range of things I got cleaned up in just 30 minutes, all around the house. Its been a long time coming but this week's challenge is going to be good for me! First I threw out rubbish from the kitchen, picked up random washing, put away groceries that had been left on the floor in bags. Then tidied all the random shoes to the front door, cleaned cat food bowls and left in sink to soak, fed cat and turned on his heater! Cat did well from this effort! Swept up cat feeding area, plus a random muffin spillage from earlier in the evening. Also while I had the dustpan and brush, swept the traffic area of the stairs, boy was there build up of random flotsam, including what seemed to be the entire contents of a packet of raw nuts! Upstairs I put away some clean laundry, then in the living room I put toys in the toybin and tidied up the xbox controllers and games. Rearranged furniture a bit to suit my liking and swept a little of a styrofoam disaster! I also swept up where my husband had thoughtfully used a broom to make one huge pile of muck in the hallway, all in the bin now! Tossed out a great deal of recycling, empty packaging mainly! Turned off 3 lights that didn't need to be on, tidied away a few toys from the hallway and all of a sudden, 30 minutes is gone by!
My blind moggie is happy to have his warm heater :) The update from my morning's efforts is that last night both getting the laundry finished and tidying so much around the house has inspired me in the house today. I have caught up on washing up, swept the floor, installed a temporary vanity unit in the new laundry/bathroom. Next I'm off to tackle a couple of problem areas in the house that have been bugging me for ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment